Reporting Grievances & Complaints

The first step toward conflict resolution is direct contact with the involved parties.  If direct contact was unsuccessful or not appropriate, there are processes in place to assist students.

Students have the ability to file a formal grievance about academic or student services at NDSU. A grievance is a claim of a violation of an NDSU, college or department rule, policy, or established practice that affects a student's education. A student may also file a written complaint claiming improper, unfair, or arbitrary treatment. To file a complaint or grievance, submit the form available on the Provost's website.

Students can also arrange a meeting with the Dean of Students Office for advice about filing a grievance or resolving a problem.